Sunday, September 5, 2010

Christi Armstrong is one of the greatest Christian poets of our generation. This is her latest stunning poem

Walking On Water
My tossed around soul
keeps churning and turning,
yearning in the waves of my life.
Move me, twist me, wind me upside down,
and rescue my coiled up soul.
Free this heart, so horribly bound
tangled in the joy that fear stole.
My prayers feel lost
and the storm rages on.
Will you breathe for me,
find my tears in the flood?
Hold my tomorrow and free it forever,
cleansing it with your blood.
I choose you again,
and I’ll cling to you,
If you cling to me.
Don’t lose my hand in the rain.
I’ll stand, if you’ll hold me,
I’ll walk, if you’ll lead.
Keep my eyes on your truth,
through the pain.
Hold my feet on this water,
guide their steps by your word,
keep the waves you now hold in your hand.
All you’ve given me is purpose,
all I need is your love,
as grace washes over,
and teaches me again,
how to stand.










No comments: