Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Dark Tunnel

Thank you Lord for all of the pain and suffering I've experienced.  I say thank you because I would not be the person I am today had I not experienced heartache, and pain.  I would not have the understanding , empathy, & compassion for others, that I have.  I would not know how to help, and minister to those experiencing betrayal and loss.  So, I say thank you.  I've walked through the darkest, longest tunnel you could imagine. I could see no end, and there was no turning back. At times it was pitch black, and at other times I could see a dim light way in the distance. Then it would disappear again. Sometimes I would just stop and sit a while in the darkness, and cry out, "Lord, where are you? You promised you'd never leave me.". And He'd say, "I'm right here Dana. I know you can't see me, I know you cant feel me, but I'm here. Just hold on, I'll get you to the light." I am at the end of that tunnel, and in the light now. Finally!!! Ah, what a relief! Thank you lord for holding my hand when it was pitch black and I couldn't see any thing. Only my pain. Thank you Lord. Thank you Lord for whispering in my ear "just hang on Dana, just a little farther. Trust me. I know you can't see past the pain right now, but just hold on to my hand and I will lead you into the light."

No comments: