Saturday, June 4, 2011

You are the Potter

You are the potter, I am the clay. I was thrown on the wheel, only to be reshaped into something more beautiful and valuable. The process was very painful. Imagine a the potter squeezing, pushing, pulling, scraping away, only to have it fall apart. Then taking that lump of clay, forming a ball, and throwing it down on the wheel and starting the process all over again. But finally the finished product. The potter liked what he saw so he painted it, a beautiful shade of purple, glazed it and put it in the kiln to bake at very high temperatures, for a long time. Mold me and make me. You are the potter, I am the clay. I willingly put myself on the potters wheel. Because I, (the lump of clay) completely trust the skill of the potter. I know there will be pain involved. But I also know there is a much more valuable work of art that you have in mind for me to be. You are forever molding me. Thank you for the amazing detail and thought you have put into your work.   Creating something very unique,special, and priceless.

No comments: